07 June 2009

A chocolaty affair


I was 10 minutes late for clinic that day. Instead of seeing patients, I found myself queuing up at the hospital convenient store buying a chocolate bar. Ever since London, I developed craving for chocolate bars. God knows why. As I grabbed a 90g Cadbury's Roasted Almond at the counter a whole lines of other chocolate bars fell onto the ground.


"Oh mak kau!! chocolate is good!" A lady of early 50's behind me melatah, loudly.


I smiled to myself and told her that it's okay and she can jump my queue because it's gonna take me a while to pick up those bars.


"It's okay I'll wait. So doctors also eat chocolate eh?" I supposed she wanted to be friendly by asking innocent questions.


"Yes but not always. Sometimes, it's not good for health y'know" I was kneeling on the floor while looking up and smiling at her. I thought this is just perfect all I need now is an engagement ring.


"So how often is considered as okay?" Gee.. this lady is persistent with her questions.


"Like everyday." I laughed out a bit while paying the cashier.


Then I realised that neither she nor the row of people who apparently had been listening to our conversation behind her get my joke. They were all looking at me with a semi-puzzled look blended with seriousness.


Suddenly I felt like being put on a spotlight - the crowd were waiting for my professional answer on how much is considered as a safe level chocolate consumption.


At that moment the only thing I can come up with was...


..."Actually my friend's is pregnant and this is for her.. err she's craving for chocolate. Bye!"

(gulp)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure why, but I find this post so very amusing *laughs*

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Tranquility,

Chocs contain sth that makes us happy...and I hope it does that for you and for me :(. My hamster died a few hours ago :( *tears*...

Take care and have a good day and a great week ahead.

Pill Pusher said...

Andrea: I called it at the heat of the moment. Hate it when people put me on the spot.

MWS: Oh poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure he was glad that you're his owner. STAY STRONG!

orang sesat said...

haha..funny!!but how come they dont get the joke ay??

Pill Pusher said...

D-mat: Dunno.. dunno beats me.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Doc.

I am a chocoholic. I must indulge myself with chocolate everyday. Will I get sick? Blink..blink..:)