31 May 2009

Always




As I'm sitting in the dark living room. I ponder on what had happened in my life. She's everything in my life. My best friend, loved one. My pure source of joy in this world. And it causes me a great sense of agony to know that the last thing that I've made her to feel is pain. And the last feeling that she has for me is hatred. Help me God. Help me take this pain away.

There's not much I could do about the past. I can't help thinking about the future though. What kind of life would I have. Thirty years from now... would I be another old man with a bitter soul dreaming about the one that got away. The one that got away? Have I ever truly had her in the first place. I don't know. But what I do know is perhaps... if I have treated her as good as I should have things might have ended differently. For I know, one thing will forever stays true, that she will always be on my mind.


Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm sorry I have blind

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your
Sweet love hasn't died
And give me
Give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied
I keep you satisfied

Little things I should have
Said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Doc,

This might do the trick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8APrYU2Gs

Chill, mate.

Unknown said...

Dear Dr. Tranquility,

If you really love her still, go for her...chase her, woo her, serenade her, shower her with love, attention etc...and ask for her forgiveness...don't just sit and cry :-) but run for her...and if she turns you away, go through the grieving period and then come out of it...I know there will be others in the future and it will never be the same but it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all (Elizabeth Barrett-Browning)....God will make a way for you...er you are like me lah - I used to go on a pity party listening to that song and Barry Manilow's Even Now, Somewhere Down the Road, If I should Love again...etc etc and cry buckets!!! Sigh...It will be alright ...
You MUST take care, be strong...go for a holiday...see her or whatever but please do not continue this way in pessimism and sadness. I've been down that road before and I know what it is like...Also, I have counselled others in similar positions and I know how the moods can swing and tears can fall...My suggestion is to watch comedies and indulge in some time consuming mind blogging activity like Sudoku, jigsaws, pc games :-) or puzzles...Take care and remember...if God closes a door, He will open a window for you.

Blessings to you and lots of cheers and smiles to brighten your spirit.

Maya said...

Dear Doc,

I have been far too busy to visit your here. Sorry abt that but I think tis time to make amends...how about allowing us to take you out for drinks/meals. You know how wonderfully warm we ladies can be since we have been there, done that and some......

I am serious. As cliched as it may sound I do feel your pain ...... I know you (via this blog) as a warm and kind guy with a great sense of humour but, who for now is going thru a rough patch.

Do call. Warmest, Maya

Pill Pusher said...

Dear ladies,

Andrea: That is one lovely song. I just added it into my fav list.

MWS: Your points shows that you're a woman who has seen it all. It's great to have you as a friend. So it seems like you've got a thing for classic songs. Thank you for your sound advice.

Maya: That would be one the nicest thing that has been offered to me. You are a caring person. I'm touched. With all due respect, I have to decline, I'm sorry. But thank you again for your support.