23 May 2009

An empty street in Jericho



"Dear, I don't think there is a canal up front, looks like a dead end" She looked both confident and mesmerising at the same time.


"Hmm yes hun, you could be right, maybe the bartender gave us the wrong direction..


...but I like it here, come to think of it this is much better than some canal...


... I would probably remember this better than any other places we had been to" I looked back at her. She was standing there underneath the Oxford sun with a late-spring breeze gently kissing her long hair.

I tried to take a mental picture of her in that moment. Worrying that I might forget the whole detail, I quickly grab my trusty camera and took a snap.


"What? This street?" She took a sip of her hot mochaccino. There's a big black stain on the top of her white dress.



"Yes dear... you, me and an empty street in Jericho." I grinned.


For a moment, I thought I could see her eyes gleaming beyond those dark sunnies.


***


Many weeks later I found out that such canal exist.


Still, I don't feel like I miss one single darn thing. Because all that matters to me is that she was there with me.


I sometime do ask myself one thing though "Does that street in Jericho still exist? or does it simply cease to exist because we are not there anymore?"



2 comments:

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Dr.,

:) when one is in love, every detail is crucial. You do not want to miss a thing.

Indeed, nothing else matters when our dearest one is by our side, be it in an empty street or in a crowded place, nothing seems to matter for our heart is too overwhelmed with love love love..:)

Pill Pusher said...

Ida: The detail is important. The scenery is not. What is more important than being with someone - is to treasure that person and do not ever take him/her for granted. I just re-discover that.