17 May 2009

Remote


Today I found myself behind the steering wheel. Unable to decide my destination. The sun was scorching hot burning the plants in the courtyard. That however did not seem to bother a couple of teenagers from playing basketball.


Once, she asked me how do we know whether we are in love with that particular person. I answered, it's how that person make us feel about our existence and place in this world. With that she gave me the most beautiful smile that I cannot possibly forget for the rest of my life.


Finally, I locked the car, went back into my apartment and drew down the curtains in my bedroom.


Not long afterward I found myself walking along a remote beach. Unable to feel the heartache deep inside my soul.

7 comments:

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Dear Dr. Tranquility,

I understand how much your heart yearns for her. Have patience, sir.

Someone told me that two hearts in love feel for each other even though separated by distance and time. Perhaps the heartache will disappear as the memory of her is alive within you.

Sir Pök Déng said...

You've been drowning in love, doctor. :)

Pill Pusher said...

Ida: I surely hope you're right my friend. I wish that hope and despair doesn't share the same pocket in my pants.

Sir: Drowning? yesterday I found myself standing on the sea, now seems like I'm drowning as the river of my hope is flooding.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Doc, this is serious, man! Looks like the best treatment here is an airticket plus a stretch of annual leave. Kesian!

Pill Pusher said...

Andrea: You sure know how to heal a heartache. I hereby pronounced thee a healer. :)

Rise o wise one!

Unknown said...

Have love will conquer, Dr. Tranquility...Take heart, rise and claim what is yours :-).

Cheers

Pill Pusher said...

MWS: Words of encouragement! I feel like i just been knighted by the Queeen of Heart (not the Alice version.. TQ.