08 May 2009

H1N1 outbreak in KL

"No! I need to speak to the Minister of Health himself, you don't understand the situation - within 24 hours - we're expecting half of Klang Valley's folks gonna be infected" I'm getting inpatient with the Putra Jaya officials.


We are losing precious time.


Behind me Prof Sarah, the hospital director looked composed as ever while having discussion with her microbiologist. She looked at me and give the sad nod.


"The H1N1 influenza A virus has mutated rapidly within the last 2 hours... " Dr Lee spoke softly, he looked disappointed with the latest grim development.


"...we got our first case of H1NI positive in our Malaysian soil. The worse news is this is nothing comparing what had hit Mexico and the States."


The brilliant microbiologist who won the 1990 Lutzfe prize for the discovery of West-Jurong virus looked like a forgotten 50 year-old Jazz guitarist from Seattle. He can't seem to hide his distressed face.


"First we need to get through to the Prime Minister office, then we gotta tell 8 million people in Klang Valley that we need to quarantine them in their home... who knows we might be looking at the army taking over the streets...." he paused.


".. I need to call my wife, excuse me" Dr Lee rushed to the next room.


The voice on the other line finally said "Okay the Health minister is ready to speak to you. But first we need you to pass the security clearance. What is the password?"


"Huh.. Is this really necessary? Okay...okay the password is Grumpy but gorgeous". I answered confidently.


"Password is correct. Thank you sir. Please hold the line"

++++++

Disclaimer: Fictional work. Which what usually happened when one is bored and wish he could celebrate the anniversary with his better half.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aiyo Dr. Tranquility, I am glad that I am still in my swinging 40's for had I been older, I would have collapsed from shock, especially since my older son is studying in KL.

Phew

*heart palpitating*

Very naughty of you!!!

LOL!!

But I love it. Haha!

Thanks for the adrenalin rush!

Have a lovely weekend and a happy anniversary!

cheers

Sir Pök Déng said...

Your fiction caught my attention. Nice story!

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Ala Doc, dasyat la u, I was about to cancel my appointment today thinking that this could be an insider's info..

I wonder who was on your mind when you came up with the 'grumpy but gorgeous' password? No need to answer that, it is just me being a busybody.

Keep a song in your heart and Happpy Anniversary :).

shinelight said...

You caught me there too. I thought it was real. Nice one though.

Pill Pusher said...

MasterwordS:
Hopefully I wont get sued. Got couple of readers from US too after i posted it :D

In 40's eh.. u're in prime of life.

Have nice w/end too. Thanx.

Sir PD:
Real-life is s'time stanger than Fiction. Keep an eye on that bug.

Ida:
Hehe yeah. Can't help it, it's been a while since my last practical jokes on my buddies.

'Grumpy but gorgeous' - she's out there, and hope she smiles when she reads it :)

Shinelight:
I take that as compliment. Good luck with your thesis.

Anonymous said...

Good one. Got me kow-kow! Hey, maybe you should get the Hitz Morning Crew to do this as a Gotcha call to that YB Saravanan.

Pill Pusher said...

Andrea: Gee weez! Splendid idea - i'm all in for that idea. He gonna wish he never had gone for that glamour-seeking stunt in GHKL.

Maya said...

Frustrations and boredom produce intersting bits of fiction. Heres to more of that!

I wonder if you are still thinking of a plot when there is a scalpel in your hand!?

Pill Pusher said...

Misery loves company.
Boredom breeds lunacy.
Think I'm somewhere 2/3rd in between.

With scalpel in my hand... let there be lights!