08 June 2010

Live your life


I'm easily getting tired these days.

Not much can I elaborate on that note.

The new ward rotation is draining my energy faster than... err (filling in the blanks).

Is this a beginning of an end?

Nyet, this is nothing but a hiccup. A bump on the road.

Coz I'm privileged to witness their life in that ward.

The fighting spirits of those who are facing death everyday.

Those who say that today is a bonus day for me, coz a doctor told me few months ago that I probably won't live long enough to see another month.

These people are not fighting for a better life, ranks, paycheck or higher quality of life.


They fight only for their survival.


When all hope seems to abandon us, all we have to do is to look at these fighters and perhaps learn a few life lessons.

A lesson, as simple as 'Do not give up'.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Do not give up" is one of my whispers every morning.

Have a good day, Dr. T

The Tea Drinker said...

not a lot of options is there?

but yes... seeing someone fight (and that extra appreciation they show) for life is inspiring.

Dottie With Dots said...

Drugs are not always necessary, but belief in recovery always is.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Adakalanya kamu menyangka mereka sudah tiada lagi, tetapi mereka sebenarnya sentiasa ada, di sisi-Nya.

Taken from holy Quran. I forgot already which verse I am referring.

Anonymous said...

It takes a special doctor like you to see the bright side of things in a ward like this. Do know that it is your smile, your empathy and your kindness that will help them in their pain. Hugs, sweetie.

Pill Pusher said...

Anony,
Don't give up. And no regrets.

Tea drinker,
We got to fight and never give up.

DwD:
Yes you say it right. Well put.

SPD:
A verse to remind us all that He is closer to use than we think.

Andrea:
As always, the one with just the right words to bring back the motivation.