11 April 2009

Just like heaven


7.40pm.

The chilly velvet sun was setting fast. Cold wind blew hard on my face. Suddenly my phone rang.

"Are you there? Key I'll be there in 5 minutes" she hang up.

I frantically walked up and down the corridor tried to shake off the coldness. Then I remember, oh should find a mirror and checked my reflection, but Boots the pharmacy had just closed.

All I could find within that crucial moment was a glass panel and the reflection was nothing more than a scruffy looking middle-age guy staring back at me. The 13 hour-flight had completely worn him out. He got fine tremor in his hands, which could easily be a sign of hyperthyroidism or early Parkinsonism. Or was he just simply nervous?

I walked back to the main street.

Moments passed. Then I saw someone who looked familiar, roughly 50 metres away. She looked directly at me and seemed to have lock in her target. With remarkably steady and confident steps, she closed in fast, killing the distance between us without mercy.

Oh no. Here she comes. Ok you know what to say. You've rehearsed it. Now.. now say something.

With a blink of an eye she finally stood there right in front me.

My throat was as dry as sand. Nothing came out.

"Hi" she smiled.

I froze. Think I forgot to breath for a while.

Then all of sudden, she punched me in the shoulder.

With that everything turned all right.

We smiled.

It feels just like heaven.





5 comments:

Sir Pök Déng said...

I wonder who she is. A long lost lover? I couldn't say more that it reminds me of my mere forgotten love story. It was hard.

Anonymous said...

OMG! OMG! That is so sweet! So happy for you, my friend! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Awww!!! I am so happy for you! Deliriously happy and you must be floating on air...Congratulations!!!!
Absolutely romantic!

*clapping gleefully*

All the best to you and may you and yours have more unforgettable melting moments...

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

:)..i love feelings like this..I wish you all the best, sir. Take it easy, don't let any high expectations to ruin the magic..

Pill Pusher said...

Sir Pok Deng: She is one of the most beautiful thing happen to me.

Andrea: Thank you, my friend. Home sweet home is where your heart is.

Masterwordsmith: Unforgetable melting moments, true that.. true that.

Ida: If I could only put my feet on the ground.