21 April 2009

Don't fall asleep dear


"I don't want to sleep tonight" her soft voice brushed my hair.

"Me too"

The light in the room hurt her eyes.

I turned off the light for her, and held her tight.

Soon the darkness embraced my mind numbing my senses. I fought hard to stay awake, but can't help from slipping into dreamland.

I found myself at an airport. Am I dreaming? Something was not right there, I need to come back to reality. To return to my beloved.

Felt like someone nudged my ribs.

"Hun, Did I fall asleep?"

"Yes dear, you snored."

We smiled.

" Could you wake me up after 3 songs?"

"Okay" I could hear sadness in her voice.

The next thing I know when I opened my eyes - it's already 8am. I regretted that I fell asleep.

Oh no! 6 more hours left, before we have to say goodbye to each other.

Right there and then I realised that my day and night would never be the same again without her by my side.
At the airport I wish I had misplaced my passport so that I can't board the flight home.
Looking back now I realise that I did leave something behind that day.
A piece of my heart.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I am very happy for you and look forward to a happy ending soon. Take care and thanks so much for sharing!

cheers

Max J. Potter said...

what's it like really, to leave a piece of our heart somewhere, or specifically with someone?

i fear heartbreaks.

that's why i never really trusted anyone to hold my heart for me.

your post is nice. i like it. =) write more!

Pill Pusher said...

Masterwordsmith: Thanx for your kind words madam. A happy ending is something that everyone in this world deserves. It's so underated these days.

Max: I'm learning to take things at positive value. This world has too much share of broken hearts. I want to change that.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Love is always sweet at airports. I wonder why.

Ida Hariati Hashim said...

Oh dear sir, I hate goodbyes. I hope you and your heart will be reunited pretty soon. I hope to read a happy ending to this..I wish..I wish..:)

Pill Pusher said...

Sir Pok: I supposed there is a lot of uncertainty at airport. Human are just vulnerable when it comes to uncertainty.

Ida: All is well in the end. I want to believe in that. Thank you for your kind wish madam.

Maya said...

We are always leaving pieces of our heart behind. The important thing is to return there ...whenever. :)

Good Luck!

Memorable trails... said...

Yes sir, you are right..too many broken hearts around that sometimes make me wonder whether true,genuine,sincere love exists???And to mend a broken heart is the most difficult task..

Pill Pusher said...

Maya: Yes that would be the right thing to do. Absolutely correct.

Thank you.

Madam gold: True genuine love does exist. I believe in it now that I've felt it.

ummisara said...

I look forward to a happy ending :)