24 October 2009

Different strokes




Great time with good friends having splendid food...






What could be a better way to fuel your weekend other than this..




It is time like this that I start to count the blessings in my life, what it has to offer.


All the beautiful things in life is always a subjective thing between people.




Even when it comes to the same person, the perspective on things might differ as well, most of it would be depended on the state of mind that shapes that particular mood at the given time.

Earlier in the evening as I walked out to my car, as the sun was setting fast, and the cloud was pouring its heart out, the image of this old lady who was paralysed due to a major stroke (cerebrovascular accident / angin ahmar) sitting on her wheelchair waiting for someone to pick her up just hit me right home.



I can't stop from thinking about her even as I reach my destination. Would there even be a meal waiting for her at home?



8 comments:

Unknown said...

..you're such a sensitive man, doc..I sure don't mind you doctoring me if anything untoward happened to me..

Pat Ong said...

More than that, I really hope she has loved ones to share the meal with. Reminds me of a proverb that I really like - Better a meal of vegetables where there is love, than a fattened calf with hatred.

Cinta said...

i sincerely hope that she has her family with her, or we can always give her a visit...

Anonymous said...

Dear Doc,

My guess is that she's waiting for someone who had presumably, gone to the carpark for the car, to come and fetch her. But notwithstanding whom, she does cut a forlorn figure, hunched by her illness and weighed down by helplessness.

My worry for this nenek is not so much a question of the food 'coz in her condition, I doubt if she has the appetite for hearty meals; but the love and gentleness of her caregivers - be it family, maid or others. I believe this is what she craves most.

Dottie With Dots said...

I keep on coming in and out of this page wanting to say something but words are very unkind to me now.

Sir Pök Déng said...

The last picture suddenly reminds me of my dearly nenek. She suffered stroke which a part of her body became paralyzed. She is here no more. But that's okay since she got what she deserved to have; loyal sons and daughters who were tirelessly taking care of her.

Anyway, nice food. Are those sushis?

Pill Pusher said...

Pak Mat,
I don't wanna be that 'sensitive' man. Not a real quality that a woman these days go for :)

PO,
Yes, unless of coz one is a vegetarian. Than the proverb must be the opposite.

Cinta,
Yes we could.

AW,
Oh yeah that must be it then. What was i thinking before. You're right though, what use there is a full tummy to an empty heart.

DwD,
They will come. Just listen to your heart, if it's anything but a 'lub dub'.. then give me a call.

SPD,
Your nenek was one lucky lady then. Yes they were sushi. Check out those oysters though.

Anonymous said...

I must have run into you a few times right there, Doc, when I used to run Mom up to and down from Level 6.

Surreal to know where you are and where you've been. But nice!