20 November 2009

a febrile affair




Falling sick again.

The last 2 days were nothing but a roller-coaster of moderate grade fever, and I can't seem to shake off the febrile mode. Surviving with 6 hourly PCM. Hopefully it's nothing. Coz i can't afford to fall ill or worse admitted again.

Deep inside i fear it may in fact be dengue, especially with its rising incidence in KL in the past 2 weeks. That plus the fact that these eyeballs felt 'pressured' whenever I closed them, with the occasional arthralgia. Devoid of flu-like symptoms makes me pretty much sure about this self-diagnosis. Even worse I'm gonna be oncall tomorrow in the emergency dept.

I wish the fever would leave me alone. Otherwise I would be treating a legion of ill people while my own platelet is plunging by the hour.

Damn I hate those freaking mosquitoes.

4 comments:

Sir Pök Déng said...

I thought doctors won't get ill. Until now I know it was just a myth. Hope you'll get well soon.

Dottie With Dots said...

to increase platelet counts traditionally:

1. sweet potato tops buat salad

2. crab soup. masak sekali dengan shell dia tau.

Anonymous said...

I think you really need to take better care of yourself; coz I suspect that your body has not really recovered from your last hospitalised ailment. So, proper sleep, proper meals, some light exercise and not to overstretch yourself too much, you hear? Good boy!

Pill Pusher said...

SPD: Sorry mate, i think you mistaken us for angels. Although we both wear whites. But doctors eat, shit and swear :D

DwD: Dengan shell dia sekali? Baik Mak.

Andrea: Woof! (where's the ball? let' play fetch), wow my tongue can really stick out.