06 November 2009

I knew




Trust is important.


Between a surgeon and her patient. Before she makes the first incision.


Between husband and wife. Before the akad niqah.


Between lovers. Before the first kiss.


When that trust is broken nothing could fix it, not even a single stitch on a pus-ridden open surgical wound nor the shedded tears of a repented sinner.


I can live with a broken heart, but not with broken trust.


Call this a sentimental crap. Call it whatever you want.


But when you look into my eyes, I expect nothing but the fucking truth.


Tell me...



"Have you ever dance with the devil under the pale moonlight?"


Yes, that question is both metaphorical and rhetorical. Because I knew the answer all along.


Yes.. I'm a benign yet sadistic being in many ways you can't imagine.




8 comments:

JerryInc said...

just so you know, trust is a two way street and quite subjective in few instances :)

Unknown said...

..between father and son..before the 1st lie?..so, tell me..have you ever lied to your parents before?...:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Doc,

I just wanted to say: Be gentle with trust. Whilst it is a very fragile thing that can rock your boat either way, you have to realise that trust come in many shades. It is not an all-or-nothing kinda thing. To trust and be trusted completely takes time. It develops with a relationship. And that it has to be earned.

*Hugs, babe*

Carrie Tai said...

trust.... it's a must for close relationship....

it's meaningless to live in this world without trust as u will feel insecure

Dottie With Dots said...

pakmat, i confess that I have lied to my parents on occasions, but somehow, they could sense that I was lying. Skill that parents has i reckon?

Pill Pusher said...

Jerry: I know. Eat me :D

Pakmat: Now now.. why would i confess to a stranger on the net. My mom told me to be careful ;)

Andrea: Yeah? We have to nurture it from the very beginning eh as so as the journey itself.

Ched: I can't agree with you more.

DwD: Nah, probably you're just a bad liar :D jgn mara!

Unknown said...

Lovely post! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I was lied to a few times. Each time that happened, I pretended I was a fool.

Wonder if I really am one.