12 December 2009

My way



At times, you will feel a certain connection to songs that sort of reflect how you feel at a certain point of your life. As the 2009 curtain nearly closing upon us. These are the few phrases that feel close to home.

Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes it was my way


****

I had taken few course of action this year, and followed my instincts. Although the result was not quite as I wanted it to be, but it gave satisfaction knowing that I had given it my best shot. So I won't regret it many years down the line by asking myself "What if I have done it?"

Uncle Newton was right on the spot with his 3rd law, that to every single action there is an equal amount of energy but in the opposite direction.

Good. Now I've got to at least admit it, that the ending of 2009 is ain't that super. However, on the plus side, I've learned some useful stuff on how to deal with my own issues and others especially when it comes to the opposite sex. I am a much wiser man I hope.

The world is round, and it can only be fair that all things would get their own share of joy and pain. But it is time to put some everlasting smile on that face.

I double dare you 2010, bring it on!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a saying that Life is like a Rainbow. You need both Rain and Sunshine to make the colours appear.

;-)

The Tea Drinker said...

hold ur horses.

let's survive 2009 first!

Pill Pusher said...

Andrea: Well trust me, sunshine ain't gonna be there forever. Time to move on with whatever we've got.

Tea: Another 2 weeks to go. You're right. Anything can happen.

Dottie With Dots said...

I think my 2010 resolution would be learning few cusswords. In few different languages. Yeah!