08 December 2009

Somewhere wonderful



Came home to a dark quiet space.
Turned on the fan at maximum speed.
The light can wait.

I dropped everything that I had in my hand onto the black coffee table and found myself curled up on the sofa... and slowly closed my eyes.

Some people believe that at the end of one's life you would see all your past events flash quickly right in front of you, it feels like watching your own movie running at high speed.

I experienced that earlier this evening. All the memories flashed right before my eyes as we had some serious talk about how this relationship had come to an end.

****
One particular image caught my breath as I tried to contain my feelings.

"I don't care anymore... " I uttered those words accidentally out loud as I lost my way somewhere inside her eyes. She looked puzzled and we laughed our heart out.

That was the best time of my life.








No comments: