05 December 2009

Ain't a reality show




It has been a truly revealing sub-plot for yours truly these last few days. Whereby, I realised for the first time where my "character" now stands in this soap opera-like real life drama, similar to those once shown at 2am on TV2.

The question is what could possibly happen to your character when it has been downgraded from a main role into a supportive role. Could they kill off off your character like Dr Drake Ramoray? Wait, I think we all what's the answer to that question.

In the end, well people's priority change as they seem fit. So this is not a blaming game. And who am I to argue with people's wish.

Run my mind tells me, save your feelings. Fragility doesn't pay, and it definitely won't save your arse one day when you fall. Everyone has a little bit of self preservation ego, I think I've suppressed mine long enough. Well some actors would quit the show. Better quit then be killed right?

It is time to wake up and smell the fresh scent of roasted-coffee and perhaps the fresh carbon monoxide in the Klang Valley's air. I suppose if the reality is too good to be true, then you're right, it usually is not the truth.

Although the damage has been done, I just have to come up with some kind of backup plan.

Like the old man in Ward 2 once told me "Don't worry young man, you just improvise and get on with your life."

I think I've repeated this statement before. It is Deja Vu all over again.

3 comments:

Sir Pök Déng said...

So it's all about you job and not about this TV show, isn't it? Coffee is good. Carbon monoxide is bad. That's why I hate big cities (even though I'll be there working).

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Improvise. Adapt. Get on with life. That sounds like a brillant idea. *laughs*

Pill Pusher said...

SPD: You're the star of your own life. The rest are ensemble cast.

Andrea: Brilliant idea need a follow through. It's gonna be difficult for me.