29 November 2010

A Good bye




Chasing Pavements is the first song she ever gave me, that was 2 years ago. She asked me what I thought it meant. My reply was hasty and all wrong in retrospective. I told her it is a love song. Perhaps because it reflected on how I felt. I was infatuated head over feet.

Tonight after browsing wikipedia, I finally knew what the song really meant and the storyline behind the video clip. Interesting I thought.

During the long night drive back from my hometown tonight. I heard again Chasing Pavements along with other songs that we shared during the first year of our friendship.

It made me realise about something.

I realise that I am still missing that special person I once knew.

Once upon a time, she inspired a lot of things in me. How her smile made my day and made me through any given weekdays. That includes creating this new blog, which at that time symbolised a new chapter in my journey. Those were the best times of my life.

Although she is still around. But deep inside I know she is no longer the same person I met at the bus stop in Baker Street. Her eyes have stop gleaming the way they used to when we first met.

Tonight, I finally realise that I haven't got the chance to grieve when she left.

I felt the need to express some kind of farewell to that special person here in my thought, in this special place.

The final closure.

It ends just like the way it began. With the very same beautiful song.

It sounds just as mesmerising as the first time I heard it.

Goodbye my sunshine.



4 comments:

agoodbyenote said...

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go”

Dottie With Dots said...

I agree with agoodbyenote. It is hard to let go something so beautiful in life doc, but its even harder to hold on to it.

zara said...

I hope I'll be seeing you by tomorrow..the beginning of the new year. So, goodbye for 1431H, and welcome 1432H. May this year we will be blessed by HIM.

Salam Hijrah, T.

Ida said...

salam tahun baru...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQlJ3vOp6nI&feature=related

just sharing...