02 February 2009

The longest day



Tick tock tick tock.

The clock on the wall is somewhat slow today. Can it be that whenever I'm oncall, the earth would move further away from the sun making time move at an unbearable crawling speed.

A trick that I'm sure everyone knows is not to look at your clock. I bet some people have mastered this technique especially during fasting month.

"Doc.. doc..." A soft voice came from behind me.

"Yeah, what's up?" My beautiful daydreaming ended prematurely.

"Just letting you know that we just ran out of our last bed for today" Jennny showed her megawatt smile as if she's auditioning for The West End's Sound of Music.

"Uhum, just great.. It just..hmmm 3pm?!" Damn I looked at the watch again.

Looks like it's gonna be a long oncall.

And daddy doesn't have any more bed to spare.

Tick tock tick tock.

2 comments:

Kikey Loo said...

thanks for visiting my blog, i believe you will have chance to visit London in future. :)

Pill Pusher said...

Amen to that!