28 February 2009

Home sweet home


The mother of all rotation supposedly ended at 5pm today. Still I found myself working my ass off from one case to another at 7.30pm.

The last case was a 34 year old disco bouncer with a history of ecstasy use ended up in the A & E with a severe acute renal failure. Traces of protein and blood in his urine. Part of his kidneys are ballooning out due to possible obstruction which wasn't obvious in the ultrasound.

He's as dry as a a Legionnaire's army on the Sahara. I pumped in normal saline into his body 1 pint an hour and another 7 pints overnight. The fact that somehow he was pouring out urine like tap water is a good news so far. Let those baby out boy.

On my way out, I spotted a little guy hidden away among our equipments. A nurse told me he has been living there for almost 2 years now.

I wanna take him out, put him somewhere nicer. But hmm changed my mind, he has found his home there. I'm sure he's happy.

No comments: