29 September 2010

Traditional mistake


Everyone must refrain from taking traditional medication. Most of them contain 'steroid-based' ingredient, which although in short term can make you feel 'healthy' but it also can surpress your own natural steroid (mineralcorticoid) production by the adrenal glands (those little glands sitting on top of your kidneys).

Once you shut down your own steroid supply, your body would not be able to cope at times of stress (infection, inflammation etc).

I have seen many of these patients admitted in 'collapsed' state. Low blood pressure, lethargy or even unresponsive and death.

Come on, don't you think it's ridiculous that the so called ' one traditional' pill can cure everything under the sun.. from lesu, buasir, sakit jantung to mengetatkan apa-apa yang dah longgar.




7 comments:

Sir Pök Déng said...

I'm a lover of minyak urut.

For oral prescription types, I go for medicinal drugs.

If I do really need traditional medication to cure my sickness, I prefer to use the 'raw' ones, not the processed products which mostly available in capsules or 'maajun' pastes.

I have a fair share of my belief towards both traditional and modern medication.

I'm not being ignorant to believe one single traditional pill can cure everything under the sun, and I'm not so stupid to claim myself as an absolute modernist who always believe modern medicine can cure everything under the sky.

Wan Sharif said...

Good advice,, I wonder what "parampuan habis barang" means..

The Tea Drinker said...

wat do u mean? it said it could right there!

'ini minyak gusuk metcam matcam buli baek'

Anonymous said...

Is the ubat mati puhcuk the same as the ubat sprig longghar? LOL.

Yup! there are all sorts, aye? I know of people who swear that these are right up their street. Every strokes for different folks, I'll say.

Sir Pök Déng said...

Saya asa ani bahasa Sabah bah...

Buli bah kalo kau...

Sir Pök Déng said...

I'd like to ask your advice, doc. I'm thinking of taking finasteride (Propecia etc.) to gain my hair back.

A kampong pak cik would say "God, you're so young... you're bald already!" at me. But the optimistic one would say, "your hain thin one lah... not bald... still got hair meh..."

So I hope you get the image in your mind of how my hair looks like.

Do you recommend me taking finasteride?

Pill Pusher said...

SPD: You may want to have a chat with dermatologist first b4 embarking on this med. It could due to other reason besides hormonal.

I don't have much experience in hair-loss treatment. Finasteride may loss its effect as you stop taking it.

Side Effects: impotence, decrease libido, breast enlargement.

Wan: I wonder about that too.

Tea: Hahaha

Andrea: Caveat emptor.