18 October 2010

Beating


I sat quietly in a hidden corner with a wide view of people walking in & out of Ikea. The tall hot mocha with no cream lingered on my taste bud refused to be swallowed as a whole down my dry throat.

60% of them came with their families and kids.
30% were with their significant others, like lovers, you know the type.
9% in groups of friends.

1% was sitting quietly in a hidden corner sipping his tall hot mocha with no cream.

Is my heart still beating?
It is hard to tell as I last saw it hanging in my living room earlier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! that 1% including me wokeh! i used and still am ... wondering ikea all alone and all by myself! and i dont feel weird though...

cheers
ain

orang sesat said...

figuratively in love with you doc =)
i mean your writing =p

Pill Pusher said...

Ain: Then surely you know the hidden corner in a starbuck next to it. Look out for a weird guy with a purple hat & red nose.

Sesat: Don't. Check out SPD's. His will blow your head off.

Sir Pök Déng said...

One of my juniors admitted that, he once thought I had social interaction problem whenever he always saw me sipping coffee alone at the cafe.

Then I simply told him that all my friends had graduated a year ago.

Hi Orang Sesat. Nice to meet you.

orang sesat said...

SPD is my old friend... He is indeed a very very very good writer (I seriously envy him) But I prefer yours, short, simple, yet meaningful... =)