17 October 2010

View from the top


I have a confession.

I'm beginning to lose faith in this so-called modern society.
In which some of the 'bizarre' ways of human-relationship have become an acceptable social norm.

Where people are judged better by the things they own or if they look in certain ways, or behave in certain 'manners'.

I have also become more skeptical on the institution of marriage. Although it is a Sunnah Nabi. But its values & qualities have deteriorated markedly in these last few years. The steep rise in divorce rate in Klang Valley is scary. Being married does not mean anything to everyone, anymore. There is nothing left out there that can protect its sanctity. Dishonesty in relationships are everywhere.

It brings me to one final conclusion.

People lie, hence as a general rule they cannot be trusted.

The only thing that matters in the end is not what was spoken, but the actions that follows.



3 comments:

Sir Pök Déng said...

We became skeptical on things we will never achieve or had once failed on it. I became skeptical on making new relationship that I once failed.

I reckon being skeptical let us be more aware of danger that might come in, not just completely drag us to be the non-believer of this and that.

Well I'm speaking about relationship and matters related to it.

Marriage usually turn to crumbles when both have nothing in mind but 'duniawi'. They just stuck in the world of Modern 'Words of Wisdom'. Each of them fight for their rights the wrong way.

Examples;
(i) Husband wants sex, the wife says, 'hey it's my vagina not yours, you have no right to force me getting naked to satisfy your goddamn pleasure. Get to sleep, I'm damn tired (eventhough she's not)'.

(ii) Wife asks for money from Husband. Husband says, 'hey it's my money not yours'.

(iii) Husband let Wife doing things restricted by Islam. Like, letting his wife mingle with her male colleagues like she's still single. In his mind, "that's okay, that's her freedom which I would not put my hands into". In her mind, "this my right as a free soul. We live in Malaysia, not Saudi Arabia! Furthermore, we don't need to be hypocrite. Be what we are!"

And the list goes on and on.

I have met a man who doesn't care if his girlfriend put hijab on or not. He simply says, "aku risau tengok dia tu perangai [agak 'wild'] macam tu. Sebab dia jenis pakai tudung. Kalau dia tak pakai tudung, aku tak kisah sangat."

I do wonder what type a man he is. Well it's just a simple thing that gives me a clear view of his future, that he might be a modern kind of man who will do the three things mentioned above. He will do many things too.

If you speak about nas-nas al-quran and hadith with this kind of man, he will turn up raging as if you were insulting his family.

I never had married before. This is only my observation. You know better than me, doc [I'm hinting on something about you].

Of course I'm not a Taliban kind of man. It's just that I want to stress on something about the core of a happy marriage: if you follow the rule, you'll safe. Many people just invent their own rule.

Don't talk about understanding, toleration, pillow talks, chocolates, wealth, bla bla bla to me... these things belong to another topic. We first need to know the core of a happy marriage -- the Sunnah way.

orang sesat said...

action speaks louder than words...enuf said!~

Pill Pusher said...

SPD: What you said, was on everyone's mind. But no one dares to say it aloud. That what makes you different.

Sesat: Action is.. well action.