25 July 2009

The story teller

(illustration showing blood clot within brain tissue)

Yasmin Ahmad is admitted for an intracerebral haemorrhage. A not so friendly term for the brain I'm afraid. The bleeding inside the brain could easily displaced the brain tissue creating an oedema (swelling) which could give rise to increasing pressure within the rigid skull. A surgery usually neeed to be done to release some of that pressure. I'm sure the attending doctors are doing cerebral protection aka 'resting her brain from further insult' by keeping her on the ventilator.

I do not know her personally however as far as her work in concern, she's a talented film maker. Some of her stuff are purely classic, educating and catchy in many ways, especially the short ads for TV. A Malaysian story-teller. This is my favourite, when after watching it made me wanna pick up that phone and called my parents.



Yasmin, you get well my friend.

5 comments:

Dottie With Dots said...

Mine would be Tan Hong Ming (Petronas Merdeka)

Thoughts and prayers are with her.

Anonymous said...

Dear Doc,
She is no more, our Storyteller. Home with the Beloved now.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=428052

Her stories dwell among us in exchange with our prayers she took with her.

Anonymous said...

She has passed on. Al-fatihah.

Pill Pusher said...

DwD: Tan Hong Meng, I just watched it. Beautiful.

Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UehSJlOQj2I

Another one I like: Karate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDLk01kjb4&feature=related

Enida: Welcome. Yes a sad news. She will always be remembered through her works.

Andrea: A loss. To all Malaysians.

Sir Pök Déng said...

A great loss to all Malaysians. My God bless her soul -- the story teller.