31 July 2009

"Houston, we got problem"

Osmivir / Tamiflu - 75mg twice a day


As per yesterday..


1266 cases

47 new cases. All local transmissions.

4 deaths - the latest being a 20 year old woman. She died at her prime.

On the other hand, it's my turn to be in charge of the H1N1 cases in this hospital.

This morning, one of my colleague who's handling H1N1 with me was rushed to the emergency department for cough and shortness of breath.


The enemy is a lot closer than I think before.

Right now I'm staring at them everyday. If anything gonna happen it's gonna be a bloody murder in first degree. It's going to be a point blank shot.


Come to think of it, I can't shake off this headache and mild fever since this morning.


Shit.

5 comments:

Dottie With Dots said...

you get well soon you hear me... and thats an order

Anonymous said...

How far do you think it is from a tipping point? Or are alot of people dismissing it as a mild flu, mild cough etc etc to avoid being quarantine?

Take care. Rest well and drink lots of water.

Pill Pusher said...

DwD: Sorry too late for that.

Andrea: We've underestimated the little bugger (at least i have).

Unknown said...

I knew right fr the start that it would be bad. Others thought I was paranoid...I did lots of research on this little pest and there is more than meets the eye....hint...I tend to believe in conspiracy theories..Do take care and those in the medical line are in the fore front. God bless you and protect you as you carry out your noble profession.

Pill Pusher said...

MWS: Lotta of crazy things are happening in this world, I'm not surprised at all if reality can be stranger than fiction.

The medical community is currently slammed by public for not doing enough in managing influenza-like illness.